With more than a decade of experience in tenant representation, we understand the importance of having an expert in commercial real estate.
And with Colorado’s highly active commercial market, we’re always surprised at how often tenants are unaware of the existence of tenant representation services and how a tenant representative can advocate for their best interests in a commercial transaction.
What is a tenant representative?
Much like a landlord’s agent who represents the best interests of a landlord, a tenant representative is an advocate for a tenant’s needs in the commercial market. These agent relationships work together and on behalf of their clients to help ensure fair contract terms for the landlord and a fair market rate for the tenant.
Why do you need a tenant representative?
Below we have outlined the reasons a tenant should retain the services of a tenant representative:
- The Price (It’s Free!): A tenant representatives commission is always paid by the landlord as the fees are accounted for in the listing agreement with the landlord’s agent. For this reason alone anyone looking to lease commercial space should retain a tenant representative.
- No Conflict of Interest: A tenant representative will represent their client’s needs exclusively on the marketplace and will show their clients all options that are a good fit for their commercial space requirements.
- Leveraged Negotiation: When a client is provided with multiple commercial space options a tenant representative can facilitate incentivized negotiations to get their client the best commercial deal possible. Finely tuned negotiation skills are paramount to a successful transaction and by leveraging the deal a client will be sure to get the best lease terms and rental rates they can.
- Strong Landlord Relationships: A tenant representative will act as an intermediary between their client and a landlord. Real estate transactions and the process of term negotiation can be challenging. But by retaining a proven, experienced commercial agent a client can rest easy that they can have a good relationship with their landlord once the transaction is completed.
- Stand Out in the Market: Using tenant representation services will help our clients stand out among other tenants in a busy market. Transworld Commercial Real Estate delivers a professional and streamlined approach to securing space. Our commercial agents put together a tenant package that sells our client’s viability as being a strong tenant.
A great tenant agent will save you time, money, and resources as you move through the search and negotiations. They also have access to key tools to help clients make informed decisions through the review of market analytics, competitive analysis, and common deal structure proposals. Call Transworld at 720-57-2953 to discuss our tenant rep services.
Phil Kubat is the Principal & Managing Broker of Transworld Commercial Real Estate, a commercial real estate brokerage firm in Colorado. Phil, a veteran in the Colorado commercial market, brings 15+ years of experience to his work with Transworld Commercial Real Estate (TCRE). TCRE serves as a strategic partner to clients for their commercial acquisition and disposition needs. Phil specializes in Leasing & Listing Sales Representation; Tenant & Buyer Representation; Corporate, Franchise & Franchisee Location Services; Co-Brokering with Franchise & National Firms; and Office, Industrial/Flex & Retail Site Selection.